5 hours (0.5 CEUs)
Open Enrollment; 90 day access to course content
Self-paced; 5 hours
$79 (discounts do not apply)
Note: This course is one module within the Certificate in Cybersecurity.
This course introduces students to the principles of access controls, beginning with the central modes of information security and continuing through various attacks and defenses. The course presents different kinds of authentication techniques, how they work, and how they are distinguished from each other. This course requires some basic understanding of IT concepts.
By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Understand the key principles and terminology of information access control
- Discuss different types of identification and authorization techniques
- Describe common access control models and mechanisms
- Identify common access control attacks and countermeasures
- Badge and credit-awarding
- Real-world case studies
- Fully accessible
- Games & Flashcards
- Video content