5 hours (0.5 CEUs)
Open Enrollment; 90 day access to course content
Self-paced; 5 hours
$79 (discounts do not apply)
Note: This course is one module within the Certificate in Cybersecurity.
Companies must protect their assets. Just as locks go on the doors to protect physical assets, electronic and data assets must also be guarded. Asset security involves the full support of everyone in an organization, from corporate-level personnel down to front-line employees. Various security controls will be described that help protect privacy, along with data leakage prevention (DLP). Although it is not necessary, having some foundation in IT concepts is helpful in taking this course.
By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Understand the role of asset security and discuss its key themes
- Discuss the information life cycle and explain how information and data are classified
- Compare the various titles and roles of those involved with information security within an organization
- Learn about data and information privacy and how to protect privacy
- Compare different data retention and destruction methods
- Explain several methods for countering data leakage