2 hours (0.2 CEU, 2 SHRM, and 2 HRCIs)
$40 (Waived for all)
Public speaking is one of the most common anxiety-inducing experiences. Whether delivering a speech in front of a large audience or having a direct conversation with one or two other people, we often allow stress and nerves to impede our ability to deliver a clear message. This course is designed to help learners understand the causes and signs of speaking anxiety and learn practical ways to address their speaking fears.
• Define speaking anxiety
• Identify the common signs and symptoms of speaking anxiety
• Explain the typical causes of speaking anxiety
• Discuss the role of self-confidence in combating speaking anxiety
• Practice confidence building strategies
• Explain and demonstrate relaxation techniques, such as equalized breathing, tension release, and visualization
• Consider how to manage anxiety in one-on-one and small group interactions
• Identify tips and tools for handling anxiety when delivering a speech in front of a large audience
Free Professional Education Classes In response to an unpredictable job market in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic, ElonNEXT collaborated with MindEdge Learning to offer free classes for you to help you sharpen skills relevant to your career advancement.