September 16, 2021 - May 5, 2022
10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Elon University's lifelong education program just completed its tenth year this spring! It has been an incredible success and continues to improve each year thanks to the great work of our dedicated volunteers. The program was designed to offer non-credit learning opportunities to people ages 50 and older. The learning institute, called LIFE@Elon, features weekly presentations, on a variety of topics, conducted in an engaging format. There are 12 classes offered per semester (fall and spring) which are taught by current and retired Elon faculty and staff members, other area educators, and presenters chosen by our Curriculum Committee.
After the success of our virtual year during the pandemic, we decided to continue offering a class that will be held all online using Zoom.
The yearlong membership fee is $150, which includes enrollment in all 24 online sessions.
Examples of sessions we held in our Zoom classes include:
- Sonic Sea: How Environmental Noise Impacts Marine Life
- Aging in the 21st Century
- From Page to Stage: Putting on a Musical Theatre Production
- Race, History, and Memory in Higher Education
- Epic Tomatoes: Stories, History and Tips for Success
- The Magic of Audrey
- Bluebirds, Nuthatches, and Chickadees: Providing for Cavity Nesting Birds