Amanda Sturgill, Associate Professor of Journalism (Media Analytics & Interactive Media)
4 hours (0.4 CEUs)
September 21 - October 31
One of the first things prospective employers and even friends will do when they hear about you is check you out online. But do you know how to make the best impression? This learning module will help you understand your digital reputation and show you ways to take positive steps to make it the best one possible. Whether you are just graduating or hoping to give your online self a facelift, this module will help you to put your best digital foot forward.
Amanda Sturgill teacher classes in editing, analytics, general studies in the interactive media graduate program. A Ph.D. graduate of Cornell University, she has professional experience in newspaper journalism and marketing communications. Her reserach focuses on the intersection of education and community-based work, the relationship of religion and media and on new technologies and the news. She is the author of Detecting Deception: Fighting Fake News, coming summer 2020, and editor of multiple other works.
By the end of the module, learners will know how to:
- Understand how others see you online.
- Understand a practical way to consider your online audience and their wants and needs.
- Select appropriate venues for the digital footprint that will help you meet your goals.
- Manage the essentials for successful profile setting and posting.
- Understand how to assess the ways your audience interacts with you and use that to finetune your approach.